Auction Terms & Conditions
How The Bulldog Online Auctions Work
To bid on an item you must register by creating a The Bulldog Online account and be logged in. If you are familiar with how eBay aucitons work then our auctions should feel very familiar in terms of how they work.
If the item that is up for auction has a reserve price, that reserve price will be listed on that item, and it will not be sold unless the bidding reaches the minimum price – namely reserved price.
A bid increment is the amount by which a bid will be raised each time the current bid is outbid.
Auto, or incremental bidding
|USER||PROXY/AUTO BID ENTERED||AUTO||LIVE AMOUNT BID||EXPLAINATION|
|Reserve Price||$100||This is the minimum sell price. Automatic increments above this are $10|
|Steve||$250||Yes||$100||Steve kicks off at the Reserve price|
|Mary||No||No||$200||Mary's bid pushes the price up|
|Steve||$250||Yes||$210||Steve's auto-bid out bids Mary by the bid increment|
|John||No||No||$250||John's bid pushes the price up|
|Steve||$250||Yes||$250||Steve matches John¹s bid and wins as his bid is earlier via the Auto increment|
The auto bid function allows you to set a maximum affordable price so that when you are not able to watch the auction proceedings, the The Bulldog Online auction system auto bids for you until the value of your auto bid is reached.
The auto bid will automatically bid up by the amount equal to the minimum bid increments (as displayed for each auction item). Please take care when setting an auto bid, as once your auto bid is placed, it cannot be altered or withdrawn.
What if two bidders, bid the same amount?
If two bidders bid the same amount, then the earliest bid will take precedence.
Retracting your bid
Once a bid has be placed it cannot be retracted.
Once the publicised closing time of an The Bulldog Online auction is reached, the auction will cease and the highest bidder is the winner. There are no time extentions on any The Bulldog Online auction.
What happens if I win an auction?
If you are the highest bidder at the close of an auction on The Bulldog Online you can immediately checkout and pay for the item(s).
You will also receive an email to the email address you nominated when you created your The Bulldog Online login. This email will contain a payment link that (once clicked) will return you to the The Bulldog Online checkout, whereupon you can make your payment for the item(s).
How long do I have to pay for the item I have won in an auction?
The wining bidder must have successfully paid for the item within 48 hours of the close of the auction. If the winning bidder does not complete payment within 48 hours of the close, The Bulldog Online reserves the right to offer the auction item either to the next highest bidder or to re-auction the item.
What happens if I win an auction, fail to pay?
If you are the winning bidder and do not pay for the item within 48 hours, The Bulldog Online reserves the right to place the item back into the auction, whereupon we will notify the other unsuccessful bidders that the item is for again up for auction. The The Bulldog Online is under no obligation to inform winning bidders who refuse or cannot pay when and if the item in question is placed back on The Bulldog Online either for sale or auction.
Is shipping included in my bid amount?
No, shipping costs are not included in the winning bid price.
Eligibility to participate
You must be able to form legally binding contracts to use the The Bulldog Online auction feature. This means you must not use the The Bulldog Online auction feature if you:
- are under 18 years of age;
- an undischarged bankrupt; or
- under any type of insolvency administration, where you are a company.
- When you use the The Bulldog Online auction feature to bid at an online auction, you are making an offer to buy the item at your bid price. If your bid price is the winning bid at the conclusion of a auction you must purchase the item you have bid for plus any additional charges that you may be obliged to pay. Shipping costs are additional to the winning bid price.
- Winning bid prices are GST inclusive
- Please take care when making a bid as once your bid is placed, it cannot be withdrawn.
- It is your responsibility to read the product information relating to any item listed for auction.
- Please do not rely solely on the title summary or any photographs of the item posted in this auction as a complete description of an item. If a photograph is provided, please use it as a guide only.
- You must not engage in bid manipulation.